While driving home today (well sat at Lakeside for the best part of 2 1/2 hours in stationary traffic) I was thinking that I should do a write up on my tri-copter build. It is light weight, in-expensive and so much fun. It has more power than it needs which makes it very easy to fly and control. The problem with a build write up was that I needed to take it apart to photograph everything properly.
Well when I got home, I took her for a quick buzz to unwind and solved my build problem. I broke her
The damage apart from the frame is 3 x Graupner (carbon re-enforced) Props and a Tower-Pro MG90 servo. The cable wraps did their job and popped. This means the yaw mechanism is un-damaged.
Before a rebuild I will test the ESC’s with a volt meter and the motors with a LC-Meter just to be on the safe side. In the past I have had a fried ESC take out a perfectly good motor.
So tonight I am drawing up the frame plans and next week I will start the build process.
The frame is made up of 3 ply and some 10mm booms (all from B&Q). Total cost about £5 and build time of about an hour. The hard part is cutting the top and bottom body and then the cut out for the KK2.
Come back in a few days for proper instructions on the frame shape and how I cut them using a bit of A4 and a Jigsaw.