The Mobius is a fantastic camera, a great price and great picture quality. Perfect for FPV. I was lucky and received the leads with the camera however this is quite a bulky lead and very stiff. Not idea for an FPV platform.
I am using the following for my FPV setup
- Mobius Action Cam (Ebay)
- Boscam TS350 5.8G 10mW 8 Channel AV Transmitter (HobbyKing)
- Boscam RC805 – 5.8Ghz 8 Channel AV Receiver (HobbyKing)
- 2.4 GHz Circular Polarized Antenna RP-SMA (Set) (HobbyKing)
- 7 inch TFT Color LCD Car Rear View Camera Monitor Support Rotating The Screen and 2 AV Inputs (Amazon)
I didn’t want to supply battery power to the Mobius so just created the video out lead.
This is a really simple job, you need a Mini 5 Pin Male USB plug (Important that you get the right one i.e. 5 pin), I bought mine from ebay
You also need a servo extender wire (HobbyKing)
The video out on the Mobius uses pin 5(negative) and pin 3 for video out. The Mobius activates the live video out when pins 4 and 5 are shorted so you have to do this within the plug.
- Cut one end off the servo extension lead
- Split all three wires by gently pulling them apart, leaving you with a 3 pin plug and 3 loose wires
- Using a small screwdriver unhook the plastic latch on middle wire and gently remove this from the plug
- Using the removed wire, solder the black and red wire together
- Solder these two wires onto pin 5
- Cut the red wire just long enough to solder to pin 4 (it needs to be short to allow the USB case to be fitted
- Solder the red wire to pin 4
- You should now have the black wire soldered to pin 5 and the red wire joining pin 4 and 5
- Solder the yellow wire onto pin 2
- At this point you should have a USB lead on one end with the red and yellow wires soldered to the top 2 pins and the red and black soldered to the bottom left pin. The other end should be a 3 pin plug with the middle pin removed.
I tend to use hot glue to hold the wires together on the USB plug and just strengthen them a little.
You should now be able to plug the USB into the Mobius and the servo plug into the Boscam transmitter. When the Mobius is turned on it will transmit the live video feed via the USB to the transmitter.
Actual pictures to follow…..